Preparing for an ISO 9001:2008 audit is the key to a smooth experience when the auditor arrives onsite. We follow this checklist, and review it with all employees:
10 Tips to Prepare for a Successful ISO 9001:2008 Audit
- Employees must be aware of the company Quality Policy and should be able to state it in their own words.
- Employees must be aware of the Quality Objectives.
- Every employee must understand how they “make a difference”
- Every employee must be trained in the area that they work and understand the process they perform.
- All appropriate and maintained records are available that documents refer to.
- Forms that are used are controlled and completely filled out accordingly.
- All records are checked for current revisions.
- Documentation and records are available for quick access.
- Be Professional!
Following these guidelines everyday not only makes the audit process simple and smooth, but also helps to improve quality and lower costs.
How do you prepare for an ISO audit?