The future of geotextiles is here.
The geotextile industry is changing. And we’re paying attention. As you face increasing regulations that come with a deeper commitment to the environment, we’ll help you comply by continually advancing our thread technologies.
Strength is an uncompromising quality in thread engineered for geotextiles. Our sewing threads are as strong as they come—and we go an extra step by coupling high strength and denier with smaller-diameter threads for more yards per pound and an enhanced sewing experience. You’ll enjoy continuous sewing performance with fewer breaks.
We look closely at your application and match the best thread with a needle that promises optimum thread–needle clearance. Every case is different—we might replace a bonded thread with soft thread for significant energy savings. Bonding requires a tremendous amount of energy to cure a chemical treatment, while soft threads bypass this process and proceed directly to winding.
We’ll solve your unique problem with a custom thread–needle combination so your products ensure maximum performance in separation, filtration, drainiage and reinforcement.
Our thread is used to make some of the world’s strongest geotextiles.
Leading geotextile manufacturers use our yarns to install durable landfill liners, roadbed liners, baffle curtains (water separation), floating covers, geogrids, retaining walls, CIPP (cured in place pipe), dewatering bags, erosion blankets, shade cloth, concrete blankets, concrete pillow forms, silt fence products and more.
We determine the precise filament, substrate and finish for each unique project. Some thread types popular with our geotextile partners include:
- synthetics like polyester, polypropylene and nylon
- natural fibers like cotton
- blends of natural and synthetic substrates like cotton–polyester
- staple-spun, monocord, continuous filament and multifilament yarns
SOME OF OUR BEST-SELLING THREADS FOR GEOTEXTILES INCLUDE:
- Sizes #138, #207, #277, and #346 Sewbond and Sewsoft Polyester in both White and Black (1 lb, 2 lb, 4 lb king spools)
- Sizes #138, #207, #277, and #346 Sewbond and Sewsoft Nylon (1 lb, 2 lb, 4 lb King Spools)
- 4000DN, 6000DN, 9000DN, 12000DN, 15000DN Twisted Multiflament Polyester (bulk packages on tubes up to 25 pounds, 1lb, 2 lb King Spools)
- UV resistant
- Chemical resistant
- MIL-DTL-32072/V-T-285F and A-A-59826/V-T-295E compliant
- Berry Amendment compliant
- ISO 9001:2008 registered
So much more than thread.
We don’t sell you thread and end the transaction there. We’re your long-term go-to people for technical advice, sewing tips, troubleshooting, machinery repair and service and replacement parts.
We stock the finest Schmetz replacement needles and repair and replace sewing machine parts for Union Special, Newlong, Fischbein and other brands.